By the end of the day, our feet often scream for some attention after all they are put through — long working hours, constantly being on the move, bad weather, ill-fitting footwear, wearing high heels, etc.
Often the resulting foot pains and aches occur due to the imbalance of pressure on the feet. Also, many are unaware that tired legs affect your quality of sleep.
Therefore, after a long, tiring day, it is a good idea to pamper your feet.
– Avoid wearing uncomfortable and tight pair of footwear, and get a pair that is more comfortable. Ill-fitting footwear and wearing high heels for extended periods of time are some of the main reasons for pain in the feet.
– Get a pedicure at the salon at least once a month, especially if you suffer from cracked heels, cuts, etc. These are signs that say you need to care more for your feet.
– Get a reflexology foot massage done by professionals. Doing so will relax your feet and loosen the tension in them.
– After a long exhausting day, soak your feet in a tub of warm water with some Epsom salts for relief.
– Soothe your weary legs by massaging them with some anti-inflammatory cream.
– A fun way to ease the pain from aching feet is to roll a tennis ball or a rolling pin, or even a plastic cold drink bottle under your feet in a back and forth motion. Doing this will provide a good massage of sorts for the soles of your feet and tends to increase flexibility in joints and muscles. In fact, it’s a tip yoga instructors have shared with the who’s who of Hollywood.